Nonprofits and governmental entities are not “profit” driven, but can and do make a profit. This is where we come in to help you run your organization as a business by creating systems, procedures, and reporting to enable our customers in this service area to squeeze as much profit as possible to help further their missions. The more profit generated, the more benefit for the ‘greater good’ of the individuals and communities they serve. Nonprofit organizations contributors are increasingly requesting impact data and program metrics to justify their contributions. Donors are demanding proof that their contributions will make a difference before deciding whether to donate or volunteer to specific causes. We have been serving this sector for over 25 years; this experience can be valuable to your organization. Some of the services we provide are:
- Operational and Capital Funding Assistance
- Audits; Reviews; and Compilations of Financial Statements
- Accounting software evaluation, installation, and monitoring
- Outsourced CFO Services
- Payroll Preparation and Employer Reporting
- Tax Return Preparation
- Grant Reporting and preparation of compliance reports
- Benchmarking, Strategy Planning
- Industry Comparisons/Analyses
Whatever experience you have, the congregation expects the Trustees to “take care” of the finances of the church. But many churches are not aware of the complex finance issues, what actions need to occur to be compliant and documentation needed to lessen liability for the church and protect its’ congregation, pastor and staff. Church accounting is different from commercial accounting in that there is no pure profit motive. However, there is even more of a need for fund and/or ministries accounting and budgeting; internal controls and procedures; and adherence to or development of by-laws. FGA has developed a niche in providing accounting, auditing and consulting for churches and other nonprofit organizations. Let us help you determine:
- Are you keeping your church or nonprofit safe?
- Do you have procedures in place to safeguard assets from waste, fraud, and inefficient use?
- Do you have guidelines for internal and external audits and the documents you need to have ready?
- Is online giving an option that should be considered?
Other services we provide for churches include:
Accounting Systems Setup
Policy and Procedures Guidelines development
Internal Controls review
Chart of Accounts for Ministries
Receiving and Recording Contributions
Ministers Compensation and the IRS
The experience of the FGA team in performing financial and compliance audits, full scope audits, and other types of audits as well as surveys and reviews will be of benefit to you.
We have secured auditing contracts that required travel throughout the continental United States. Our team has developed over the past 25 years an expertise in auditing, particularly in the governmental and nonprofit organization sectors. We’re heavily experienced in performing local governmental audits, (including single audits in accordance with OMB Circular A-133), financial and compliance audits, and indirect cost audits.
We provided professional services to the U.S. Department of Labor for many years as well as contracting with other Federal Agencies, school districts, and colleges. Work assignments for several of the contracts were made on a task order basis which required our team to provide “quick response” type services on a frequent basis.
Our firm is experienced in providing joint venture auditing and consulting services for some of the larger governmental entities in the Dallas metropolitan area. Some of the customers we have served included:
- City of Dallas
- City of Dallas Cityplace Tax Increment Financing District
- North Texas Tollway Authority
- City of Plano
- Dallas Independent School District, and
- Dallas County Community College District
Federal Agencies that we have contracted with in the past included:
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of the Interior, and the
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services