Wrapping Up 2020
Year-end is the perfect time to reflect on accomplishments achieved since January. It’s also an important time to put things into perspective as we turn the page and start a new year.
What We Learned
With so much change in 2020, the opportunities to learn have been abundant. Take a moment and contemplate the following:
- What new skills did you learn this year that you have put to work in your business?
- What topics did you become wiser about?
- What situations have you learned to master?
If you set goals for 2020, which ones did you achieve? Because it was a volatile year, you may have achieved a lot of things that were not planned. Or you may have simply maintained status quo, which is an amazing accomplishment in its own right in 2020. Give yourself credit for all of that as well.
As we transition to 2021, set new goals to be achieved in your business and record the list so you can look back periodically to monitor your progress.
The circumstances of the pandemic present a constant challenge to keep things in perspective. Our emotions are exacerbated when we feel threatened, whether it’s about our health or our freedom. This creates the polarization we’ve seen in the news and current events.
Gain perspective by asking yourself these questions:
- What kind of business person do I want to be in 2021?
- How do I see my business in five years?
- What can my business contribute to its customers, employees, and other stakeholders?
Reflect, plan, and gain perspective as we usher in 2021. And have a Happy New Year!